Welcome

Welcome to the The Favorites of a Christian Music Fan blog. Please look around the page and at previous posts, tell me what you think by leaving a comment, and just enjoy my blog.Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Giving God our lives

We hear about giving God our lives and surrendering to him all the time. But stop and consider this for a moment. God is so great and we are so lowly that the concept of God even wanting our lives is unimaginable. But for some weird reason He does want our lives. It is an unimaginable privilege that we could give him our lives, but so often we don't even do that. You know what I'm talking about, "I'll give you all of this part of my life, but I want to keep that part for me." When we give God our lives, we are letting him take over the management and running of our lives, all we have to do is obey. When we don't give God some small part of our life, not only are we being selfish and rebelling, we are telling God that we don't think He's competent enough to run part of our live, that we can do it better than he can. That is absolutely ludicrous. God created the universe and yet here we are telling Him he's not competent enough to run this small part of our life. Think about that next time God asks you to surrender something to Him.

No comments: