Welcome

Welcome to the The Favorites of a Christian Music Fan blog. Please look around the page and at previous posts, tell me what you think by leaving a comment, and just enjoy my blog.Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dying to ourselvesc

We have to die to ourselves. It's a basic Christian truth. And it's way easier said than done. I recently had to give something to God that I really didn't want to give up. It wasn't bad I just didn't want to give it to God. It was mine and I wanted it. I finally ended up giving it to God though. And the funny thing was, I actually almost felt something kinda shrivel up and die inside me. It was cool. A small part of me died, and in that space God came in. I was afraid that God would take the thing away from me if I gave it to Him, which is why I didn't. But He didn't take it away, I just gradually lost interest in wanting it. I think that all of us, at one time or another have something that we don't surrender to God. Just give it up. It can come between you and God and make you apathetic and whole lot of other bad things. It's not as hard to give it up as you might think either. You'll feel a lot closer to God and you'll be dying to yourself. Just give it up.

No comments: